I am always the first to rise in my home. I embrace the quiet serenity as the perfect opportunity to enjoy my coffee, read, and if the mood strikes, throw together simple meal.
Crustless Quiche Popovers
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups (8oz) Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Pancake Mix
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin lightly with cooking spray, or lightly grease and flour.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling to just below the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool just enough to pick them up and eat! Feel free to test the first one while still standing over the stove. It is responsible quality control.
This is an easy recipe to substitute and add to based on your taste preferences and what you have on hand. Diced ham or cooked crumbled sausage would be lovely. Diced red bell pepper or green chilies would be delicious. Shredded Gouda or Mozzarella would be heavenly. Dried thyme or ground paprika would be delightful. Follow your heart.
They are even delicious the next day, simply warm in the toaster oven or microwave. Light and perfect.